London Gay Tours offers a tour to discover the beauty of Stonehenge, Bath and Lacock.
After your pick-up directly from or near to your hotel, we drive to Bath to visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room. In the late afternoon we visit Lacock for an early evening supper in a 13th Century inn (drink/meal not included), before driving to Stonehenge. As the sun begins to set, we enter the stone circle (which is normally roped off to the public) for a unique private viewing. The most dramatic and atmospheric way of visiting Stonehenge.
On selected days the tour operates in reverse, beginning with a private viewing of Stonehenge before it opens to the public in the morning, so we see the stones in the eerie morning light. This is followed by our visits to Lacock and Bath.
New dates available for 2017/2018
- January: 2 / 5 / 14 / 21 / 28
- February: 4 / 11 / 16 / 18 / 25
- March: 11 / 27 / 30
- April: 3 / 13 / 17 / 27
- May: 1 / 4 / 8 / 11 / 15 / 18 / 22 / 25 /29
- June: 1 / 5 / 8 / 12
- July: 6 / 10 / 13 / 17 / 20 / 24 / 27 / 31
- August: 3 / 7 / 10 / 14 / 17 / 21 / 24 / 28
- September: 4 / 7 / 11 / 14
- December: 8
- January: 6 / 13 / 20 / 27
- February: 3 / 10 / 17 / 24
- March: 5 / 8 / 15 / 26 / 30
- March: 5 / 12 / 15 / 18 / 26 / 29
- April: 9 / 12 / 16 / 19 / 23 / 26 / 30
- May: 3 / 7 / 10 / 14 / 17 / 21 / 24 / 28 / 31
- June: 4 / 7 / 11 / 14
- July: 2 / 5 / 9 / 12 / 16 / 19 / 23 / 26 / 30
- August: 2 / 6 / 9 / 13 / 16 / 20 / 23
- September: 3 / 6 / 10 / 13 / 17
- Meeting Point – Will be specified when booking the tour.
- Visit Bath and its Roman Baths and Pump Room. Bath is famous for its elegant Georgian architecture. During your panoramic tour of Bath you will be enchanted by the town’s beautifully proportioned street. Your guide will also conduct an optional walking tour to show you a charming 17th-century Sally Lunn tea room and the Jane Austin Museum among many other hidden treasures. You’ll see Bath Abbey and the much-photographed Pulteney Bridge, modelled on the famous Ponte Vecchio bridge in Florence. There will be plenty of time to visit Bath Abbey, or to shop and explore. Then we will enter the magnificent Roman Baths, where over one million litres of boiling water still burst free from the hot springs every day. The Roman Baths, is the best preserved Roman spa from the ancient world.
- Visit Lacock for an early evening supper in a 13th Century inn (Drinks/Meals not included). Lacock is a little known, picturesque village dating back to the Saxon era. Many of the beautiful buildings originally formed part of an extensive monastic complex and are now owned by The National Trust. So pretty is the village that it has provided the setting for many movies and television dramas including Jane Austens Pride and Prejudice and more recently Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. We will take a delightful walk before we enjoy an early evening supper (Drinks/Meals not included) in The George Inn, a vintage English pub built in 1361.
- Afternoon visit to Stonehenge and enter to the inner stone circle to enjoy the Sunset. Built nearly 5,000 years ago, Stonehenge is the most popular prehistoric monument in the world. Most visitors to the site are not allowed direct access to the stones. With London Gay Tours you get that access, with a private viewing of the mysterious monoliths. We will enter the stone circle itself and stand beside the mighty Sarsen rocks towering above us. Our guide will explain the history of this ancient site, pointing out the altar, slaughter and heel stones, above which the sun rises dramatically on the summer solstice. There will be time to enjoy the peace, away from the crowds, as we experience Stonehenge at its most mystical and atmospheric best. Not to be missed!
- Finish – Will be specified when booking the tour.
- 11 hours
- Tour in luxury coach with professional driver.
- Private viewing of Stonehenge at sunset or Sunrise.
- Enter the inner stone circle.
- Visit Lacock, a delightful Saxon village.
- See where Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice were filmed.
- Meal stop in a 13th Century inn (food/drinks not included).
- Visit Bath – free time to shop and explore.
- Entrance to the Roman Baths and Pump Room.
- Drinks/Meals at the 13th Century inn.
- Spending Money.
- Comfortable shoes
- Suitable clothing
For cancellation you may write an email indicating the reference of your booking and your wish to cancel it to firstname.lastname@example.org
All cancellations may have a charge according to when you tell us your wish to cancel your booking.
This service has these Cancellation Fees,
- Cancellations up to 7 days before the services: No Cancellation Fee.
- Cancellations between 7 and 2 days before the services: Cancellation Fee of 20% of cost of your booking.
- Cancellations within 2 days before the service or No Show: Cancellation Fee of 100% of cost of your booking.
Any banking fees because of returns will be paid by customers.
For changes you may write an email indicating the reference of your booking and your requested changes to email@example.com
We can not guarantee any change until we have provider’s confirmation. Some changes may have an additional cost.
Adult – £142/pp
Kids (3 – 16 yrs) – £132/pp
Just a few dates available during the year.
CHECK AVAILABLE DATES AT THE
DROP DOWN MENU ABOVE
Roman Baths in Bath
Pulteney Bridge in Bath
The George Inn in Lacock
Sunset in Stonehenge
Fill in this form with your prefered date for the tour. We can not guarantee this availability but we will do as much as we can to achieve it.